decor help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bg-mike

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm so excited getting my new 55g long on Friday need some tips on the decor spending a lot on the tank already so looking for a cheep but good looking way I won't my fish to have the best home ever my last tank I use flag stone don't won't that Agen was thinking I can hide some pvc for the caves any advice and pics to help thanks you..

The ones I have in my pics had them in the wrong tank I have some labs and a peacock

I have 2 labs, 2 jewels, and 2 acei cichlids and 1 sydontis in my 55g tank. You'll love it

The ones I have in my pics had them in the wrong tank I have some labs and a peacock

OH SORRY I DIDNT GO AND CHECK THEM OUT. sorry about the caps
O this is not my day I can't upload my pic
Ok well if you go to my profile and look at my pics the it is almost all home made.

Were can I get that kinda sand and what kinda rack is that

If your talking to me I made them. I went to the hardware store and got aquarium safe silicon, styrofoam, quickrete and some color. I carved the Styrofoam and then put the quickrete on it and siliconed it into the tank. Since you have it all ready set up you may not want to go that road. On the other side of my tank I have rocks from my yard that we had from when we built the house, some are cichlid rocks that you can order online. Some people get rocks from lfs and some go to nearby streams.

Landscaping shops are my choice for buying rock for decor. The stuff in my avatar runs about 13 cents per pound and that was about 120 pounds of it. Make sure you test the rock with vinegar. If you see bubbling, don't use it. Then scrub, scrub, and scrub them some more. Takes some work, but well worth it. Another tip is to make sure you put lighting grid in the bottom of the tank. After, add substrate to the level of the grid, then add the base rocks for your wall. Finish adding substrate after you have your base set. This will help distribute the weight of the rock and protect the bottom in the event of a collapse. Good luck with the new decor.

Back
Top Bottom