Deep tank.. plants? fish? Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 60g Hexagon fish tank, it is about 26-28 deep (dependent on substrate) I need to know what type of plants would thrive well in these conditions. Also what type of fish would do well in this limited surface area tank?

I currently have 3 florescent bulbs on the tank: 2 full spec and 1 floramax
ALSO what is the best way to arrange?

suggestions??

I'd say floating plants, maybe some anubias and java fern would be about it. T8 doesn't penetrate very well, especially if they don't have reflectors like most T8 fixtures.

anibus and java moss/fern for the lower parts and some lilly pads for the top. Unless you get a new light fixture. With the fish i would not get too many bottom dwellers, maybe only 4-6. Angels and discus are great for tall tanks. Also any smaller schooling fish. Rainbow and gourami beacuse they move all over.

you talked about reflectors on the lights, to increase penetration of light waves... a attached a picture, are these reflectors (like the ones that you mentioned) when all 3 lights are on the tank seems pretty well lit up

Attachments

• IMG_20111105_220554.jpg
    IMG_20111105_220554.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 70
here is what the tank looks like with the 3 lights on

Attachments

• IMG_20111103_160533.jpg
    IMG_20111103_160533.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 83
redecorated the tank today, added some new plants
.. I regimes my adult mollies and babies..
I got a new dwarf guormi. and 4 light tipped tetras

ForumRunner_20111129_104529.jpg

Back
Top Bottom