Demasoni

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leroy418

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My demasoni. Had four lost two of them months ago unfortunately. I have another in a different tank to treat him, he's doing a lot better but when I tried to add him back into the tank with his buddies they didn't treat him too well. He was bullied by the demasoni in the photo here and even by the catfish when he went to hide under a rock.

Attachments

• image-383021332.jpg
    image-383021332.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 92
he lost his territory,and is in theres. try moving the rocks and decor around

That is a beautiful demasoni! I just bought 2 for my 28 gallon cichlid tank. Any time I add new cichlids or reintroduce quarantined fish I completely rearrange the rocks and give them a good feeding. It's almost like they don't even notice the new fish.

Demasoni's are highly conspecific-aggressive and do best when kept in colonies. They are typically recommended to be kept in number of at least a dozen when keeping more than one of them. Keeping this species in lower numbers increases the risk of eliminations, especially if one or more is (or becomes) a full grown 4" male.

Back
Top Bottom