Demensions of a 50 gallon????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
iam building a stand for the 50 gallon iam buying tomorrow i cant get a hold of the people iam buying it from till tomorrow and i want to have the stand ready is there different size 50 gallon tanks or a standard size????

Depends on if its actually a 50 gallon? Is this a craigslist deal or something similar? I'd be afraid of building a stand to the wrong dimensions. I bought a '125g' off craigslist that turned out to be a 150g. I've also seen several "huge 100+g tanks" that turned out to be 55g's.

That looks about right.. I'd say its the same width and length as a 55, but I'd feel pretty uncomfortable going through the motions of building a stand without confirming dimensions.

i know iam freaking out lol i want to get this painted tonight so its ready when i look online 50 gallon says 36" x 18" x 19" is the most popular answer but iam gonna try to call again

It's really difficult to tell the height of the tank from the angle of the photo. My best guess is that this is either a 45 tall (36"x12"x24") or a 38 (36"x12"x20"). It does not look like a 4 foot tank to me but I may be wrong.

I know you're in Canada and prices are higher, but here you can get a 45 tall new for about $130. You may want to shop around, JMO.

hopefully it is a 75 that would be nice i will post the exact measurements tomorrow when iam sure of the height thanks again for the help

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom