Denison Barbs in a 55 gallon???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex Koch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,
The question here is pretty simple: I am setting up a 55 gallon tank; can I keep some Denison Barbs? I have heard mixed thoughts on this topic, but after seeing a tank full of healthy adults in my LFS, I would really love to give it a try if possible.
Thanks

Do you think I can add a centerpiece fish with them or am I pushing my stocking limits too far now? I was thinking either an angelfish, electric blue acara, or some kind of large gourami. So maybe 6 denisons and one of those centerpieces. Maybe a cleanup crew of cories on the bottom? I just don't want to overstock the tank I realize I can't have everything lol. Thanks

I would just stick with a group of the barbs. You could maybe add a similar sized pleco or something thats going to stay at the bottom of the tank. Maybe a red tail shark? Personally i would stick species only though.

55 gallon stocking idea

The question is pretty simple lol. I am setting up a 55 gallon that will be planted and this is my current stocking plan:
8 Denison barbs
1 Electric Blue Acara as the centerpiece

Thoughts?

Any advice is appreciated, thank you

Back
Top Bottom