Depressed fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mckitrick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bought a molly for my little brother to start his tank. He was in perfect condition at the pet store. Then we brought him home and now he sits in the corner of a 1 gallon tank. Could he be depresed i thought maybe because he is a social fish he wanted companny so i put a male swordtail and a tiny snail. To much for a 1 gallon should i put both in my community tank. Plz HELP!

A one gallon is much, much to small for any fish, much less a Molly, who should have 20g+, or a Swordtail who needs more than that. They need to be moved to significantly larger tanks ASAP.

Bought a molly for my little brother to start his tank. He was in perfect condition at the pet store. Then we brought him home and now he sits in the corner of a 1 gallon tank. Could he be depresed i thought maybe because he is a social fish he wanted companny so i put a male swordtail and a tiny snail. To much for a 1 gallon should i put both in my community tank. Plz HELP!
Please, please get him a 20 gallon tank with a few of his own species. 1 gallon is too small for most things, including Bettas. Mollies especially need 20 gallons or more as suggested, so please purchase one of those. You will definitely see a mood change after that :) .

Back
Top Bottom