Desperate to know whats going wrong with my chemical levels ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BusheyBuzz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everybody,

I've just brought the pro Magnesium and Phosphate test kit from Red Sea and I'm surprised and confused on my levels??

Background info first I had all my Xenia die off in my 14 year old 100 Gal reef tank

I have about 100kg living rock so water level is about 375-400 ltrs, I brought a new set of basic tests from JBL and found I had dangerously high Nitrate levels 250ppm so after posting on here i had some great advice, 2 weeks ago I started doing massive water changes 150 ltrs, and removing original sand substrate as the general opinion was detritus build up in the substrate and living rock, last weekend I did a 200 ltr water change and took a bit more sand away i'm using D+D salt I have fitted a fluid reactor with about 150ml marine Bio Pearls, this weekend i'm planning to change another 200 ltrs and add another 100ml bio pearls to the reactor.

My levels look ODD can someone make and ideas what's going on?????

:banghead:

pH 8.4
SG 1.025
Nitrite 0.02ppm
NitrATE 50 ppm
Ca 650 ppm
Mg 2600 ppm
Phosphate 0.36 ppm
Temp 79-80

Cheers

I would say that the trites and trates are elevated due to the mixing up of the sand. It happens when you muck up an established sandbed. Juts keep doing your pwc's and they should go down.

DO you dose anything cause the calcium and magnesium are awful high. As for the phosphates, do you use ro/di water?

Back
Top Bottom