Desperately need help with lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey all, you are probably sick of me by now, lol, but I have something strange going on. When I came home tonight I noticed my Manzanita wood has a whiteish clear film all over it....thick, like clouds. It is new to the tank (put it in 2 days ago) and the planted tank itself is less than a week old now. Plants and fish all look good, params all stable, ammonia and nitrite 0, nitrate looks between 5 & 10. What is this stuff? Can I pull the wood and wipe it off? Should I be worried?

It's just white fungus... it's normal with a new piece of DW. My Manzanita did the same thing. It eventually goes away on its own. Or you can wipe it off, or Nerite snails and Otos will happily consume that off the wood.

You 'might' experience a bacteria bloom with the extra organics in the water like that from the DW. My recent 26g bow front did that... After a few water changes and with the addition of Purigen in the filter, it cleared right up.

Whew, thanks. I was totally freaking out I had something crazy going on. :-/

Eco-Complete is on sale right now at Petco online only 17.99 for a 20 lb bag really nice, I just put mine in today. If you spend $49, even plants, food, tests, etc. was free shipping. Came in three days even with Monday as a holiday.

it is roughly .90 per lb. for Eco, and even at $10/bag is $1.20 per lb!

They say 2 lb per gallon to make appx 3" depth and it comes with the liquid for BB and clarifying. New addition for better root growth. No rinsing for Eco!!!

Back
Top Bottom