Desperately Seeking Bio-Spira! Can you help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! None of my LFSs have even heard of bio-spira and I don't want to wait until late March for an order to arrive from "The Fishstore"...

Can anyone here help me out? Do you know of any Canadian dealers or are any of you willing to send me enough for a 50 gallon tank? I'm serious and will compensate you!

What part of west coast canada?

I live just a few miles south of seattle and have a local bio-spira carrying store here.

I believe it is a 2 hour drive for someone to get from seattle to vancouver (canada). Pack a lunch in an ice chest...get here, eat your lunch, buy the bio-spira and put it on ice for the ride home...actually make that cold water as ice may damage bio-spira (freezing water can rupture live cells quite easily). The store is "Fish Gallery & Pets" located in Renton right off of hwy 405. On the internet they list a Bellevue location but I have never been up there (in case you don't know, Bellevue would be about 20 miles closer to you then Renton).

www.fishgallery.com

Some others here in Washington state who have lived here much longer than I may know of a place closer to you. If you want, I can mail you some but I'm not sure how it should be packaged (maybe I could shove it into a jug of 40 degree water?). The shipping to canada may take awhile though...or be extremely expensive for fast service. I don't ever really ship anything to canada though.

Christmasfish said:
E bay...Petsmart online.... do a search 8)

Never seen it on Petsmart. When I first set my tank up that is one of the first places I checked. In fact I have been to most every fish store in the area as I could not find a store that carries it.

Perfect! Thank you for the quick replies! I never thought of eBay, but I'll take a trip across the line and visit your store patryuji! I'm about 10 minutes away from the border.

Thank you so much... and my fishies thank you too! :D

Bernie, from The Fish Store (and one of our sponsors) ships BioSpira to Canada. You may want to throw a post in his forum.

If the store I work at had any right now I'd gladly send you some. We should be getting some in late next week. If you still need some then just PM me and I'll send some your way.

Wow thank you guys, I really appreciate the responses. I just got an email from Bernie, actually! I ordered some last Sunday and still haven't received it so I asked for a refund thinking he was out of stock. Turns out he shipped it out on Monday?? Hopefully it's still *good* by the time it reaches me.

oh and I had no idea he had forums too - thanks :)

Well, my order arrived today and was still cold! I'll let you know if it worked ;)

Hmmm. Well, the bio spira doesn't seem to have made any difference. My levels are the same as just before adding it. Is it possible it didn't last the 7 days in transit?

IF I buy more, I'll be driving across the border this time. :|

It sounds like you've added it to reduce levels in an established tank. Keep in mind it was made to deal with rising levels of ammonia/nitrites, not established levels; it won't work as well or as quickly if this is a tank with previous levels of nitrogenous waste. It should at least help tho :)

Ok, so when I add more should I do a 30-50% water change first? My tank is in it's 4th week of cycling. I wasn't just trying to reduce levels, I wanted to cycle for the sake of my poor innocent fish. LFSs don't stress the importance of cycling IMO and we rushed out, got fish and had our kids name everyone. If we lose any, I'll feel terrible! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom