Detritus worms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tqy

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442675812.014434.jpgSorry for the blurry photo but are these detritus worms? I have detritus worms already (I already have been trying to cut down on food when I realised they were there yesterday) but these seems a little different. They have some sort of growth on them as you can see in the photo(looks like whiskers) .They don't seem to be as wiggly as the detritus worms,they just clump together and remain at that one area.
But my main concerns are:
What are they?
Are they harmful to my fish?
Are they parasites?
How do I remove them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Update: Found a cluster of them, apparently they act like sea anemones, sticking to the glass and protruding their "whiskers".They seem to like the company of one another. Also, I recently noticed something on the glass,not sure what it is but doesn't seem to be living probably would scrub it off during the next WC.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442682517.451132.jpg

Hard to say from pics but I thought before you even said 'anenome '
Hydra.
Have you introduced 'wild stock fishor plants or rocks/wood?

I believe what you are seeing are hydra. These can be a nuisance but should not be a threat to you fish unless they are fry. There might be something you can add to eliminate them but I cannot think of it.

Hard to say from pics but I thought before you even said 'anenome '
Hydra.
Have you introduced 'wild stock fishor plants or rocks/wood?

I only have store bought Fishes and plants.

I believe what you are seeing are hydra. These can be a nuisance but should not be a threat to you fish unless they are fry. There might be something you can add to eliminate them but I cannot think of it.

After research, I've read that pond snails and gouramis would eat the hydras. I have a ramshorn snail culture would ramshorn snails eat the hydras? If so I may add some to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom