Diamond Watchman Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyerfridge

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there. I recently purchased a diamond goby. He seems pretty content in the tank (50gal). He sifts all day and then eats when I feed all the fish. I feed them frozen misis and brine shrimp and frozen home made food. Just wondering if this is enough or if I really need to up my game with a refugium and live creatures. :)
There are 4 chromis and 1 scopas tang total.

That will be just fine for feeding the watchman goby...but I would be much more concerned about how huge and aggressive scopas tangs can get. These tangs need very large tanks, in the 200 gallon range, which is bigger than many other tangs we keep in our tanks...and these guys need 6ft tanks normally.

Thanks for the feedback. I was afraid I would not be feeding him enough. And yeah I have heard that as well about the Scopas. So far I have not had a problem with him but I will keep an eye on him.

You should post a pic of the goby, I would love to see how beautiful it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will grow fast and as it runs out of room it will start getting aggressive. I'd start planning on either trading/selling or upgrading the tank.

I also want to point out that a simple 6ft tank would work. I'm at work and not totally focused on feedback...a 125 would be just fine.

EDIT: Also, ensuring it is well fed with algae...usually from sheets of nori...will also assist with reducing aggression from a tang.

Here are some pictures. As you can see he's a little scrawny, hence my concern. But that is how he came so hopefully I can beef him up a bit.

There is also a picture of the tang peeking out. I have to admit the scopas was an impulse buy which I typically do not do for the exact reason of not having the appropriate conditions for them. But the lfs naturally didn't know what they were doing. At least I was thinking about upgrading my tank size already. So it's not a major deal.

Attachments

• IMG_3863.JPG
    IMG_3863.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3868.JPG
    IMG_3868.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3874.JPG
    IMG_3874.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3891.JPG
    IMG_3891.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 96
Wow the goby is beautiful and so is the tang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you have a cover on the tank. My diamond went carpet surfing after a couple days of having him. Just my experience...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom