Did we make it>?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

musicmarn1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so i posted Woops when i started my new 29g tall planted by a newbie, stocked too densly for a new one, tank. and THANK YOU all again for giving me the posts, videos etc to help me do the research. i got the API kit and did the testing and did ruthless water changes, which made my fish so happy i could see it. (Cory's seem to tell me the water peramiters before i test! if they are *dancing* i know its good news)

i learned about diet, temperatures (its driving me nuts i have two thermometers and its just a bad heater i need to buy a better one any recommendations for one that gives you peace of mind so i can have two in case one goes out?)

Anyway i think WE MADE it because this time im seeing nitrATE at 10ppm (orangish color not red) and thats GOOD news right? how often should i do the changes now? i did 50% yesterday and want SOME nitrate so the bacteria eat it right and plants get fed? is that correct anyone? i was thinking every three or four days until i see it go down a bit>?

My electric blue ramsseem happy in there and i AM getting a much bigger tank and planting it up im also doing a 10 gallon for a stunning beta i am getting in from aquabid he arrives tomorrow :dance:

just asking if someone can quickly put me out of stress mode with the latest info, though watching the Cory's (panda) right now, i think we made it. One last thing, been spending hours trying to find what to do with the rainbow fish - bought two and both are young males im almost certain, one male is very muted and the other very flashy and he has recently only just hte last couple of days started chasing him quite a lot more.

I was reading on rainbowfish info but still not sure because there is conflicting advice in places, to get another male or two so they can school and spread the aggression? BUT it will be the 30th before i get the big tank ready (got a filter seeding in this tank) and so should i get one or two more males or just leave it? if someone can answer before i go to the fish store id be so grateful ! the LFS guy might just say get a female and i heard that same sex in small groups is better or 50-50 in larger groups ?:thanks:

link to quick tank video today (still a lot to learn about plants and co2 etc so trying to get them established)

OH and i never did find out why my Angel fish (gold marble) is obsessed with the heater? i presume its because he is looking for eggs to fertilize ? (they were *kissing* but not sure if they are indeed male and female, head bumps some blelive in some don't i have no clue and hope they wait until i get them in the planted large tank anyway )

Last edited:
video

trying to upload a flip video, it does not seem to be working? so you can see the tank but of course rainbows were behaving in that one moment ! :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom