difference in plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schpanky

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I had some nice water wisteria. It took over the tank. See it on the right hand side? It was from a LFS.
Recently I ordered some online (reputable site) expecting the same beauty and the new stuff is pale and super ugly. So I'm letting it float at the top.

I'm amazed the quality difference. Do you guys have the same experience? Do you think it's the shipping or what? I'm disappointed. What gives?

Plant suppliers often grow their plants emersed. No need for CO2 (they get it from the air) or powerful lights that need to penetrate the water.
I would be patient and give it time to transition to its aquatic form?. Floating it is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not pressurized, only Glut. My pressurized system is coming this week!!! Super excited and nervous. I'm sure it will be a huge challenging learning process.

I've had this problem myself. Grown it beautifully on next to nothing but failed in other setups. Just took it out before I gave it a chance. I'm worried about trying it again. I would agree with fresh and give it a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thats not the emersed grown wisteria, just isnt in the best health. It should bounce back nicely though.

Sadly, my gourami devours wisteria so i cant have it anymore :(

Back
Top Bottom