Different color bulbs for new light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happygirl65

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all,
I just received my new light (Catalina...nice) it is 4x 65 w over a 90 gal tank.
I put in all 10,000k bulbs but I am now wondering if it is beneficial at all to have different color bulbs on the different rows.

Is it just a color preference? Brightness issue? Is there any reason to mix them or is 4 x 10k a good fit for lighting this tank? (CO2 injected and EI dosing)

I do like how it looks. The 10k seems like a nice clear white light just looking for suggestions.

Thanks!

You'll get good growth anywhere from 5000k to 10000k, so it's really more for personal preference.

I used to prefer the 10000k color, but now I've started liking the warmer colors in the 6700k range.

Those bulbs will be just fine. The plants mainly care about lighting intensity, so as long as your in the correct general ballpark for color they'll grow fine. So at this point it's just a matter of picking a color combination that looks good to you.

Back
Top Bottom