Different filter media???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a aqueon quietflow 10, 30, and 50. Is there any type of filter media that I can switch with the carbon media? If so where can I get it and how do I use it?

you can look for the same size filter media that can fit in your current filter, with carbon. Should be able to find it at your local fish store or petsmart/petco. Otherwise online. Just make sure itll fit your current filter.

Otherwise I used to just buy carbon, put it in a stocking and stick it in the back of my filter.

you can look for the same size filter media that can fit in your current filter, with carbon. Should be able to find it at your local fish store or petsmart/petco. Otherwise online. Just make sure itll fit your current filter.

Otherwise I used to just buy carbon, put it in a stocking and stick it in the back of my filter.

Do I need carbon or can I use something else. Also if I do get something different do I just put it in the bio holster where the carbon filter would usually go?

you can get the marineland blue filter pads (or similar from petsmart), its a big blue filter pad that you can cut to fit inside your filter, it will last you a very long time since when it gets dirty you can take it out, rinse it in old tank water during a water change, and re use it. you can also get some 100% poly-fil from wal mart and stuff that on the other side of the filter to "polish the water" so to speak by cleaning out all the very small particles, that will need to be replaced when dirty, though its so cheap for the amount you get it will still last along time.

and no you do not need carbon in your filter, its only used to remove medications.

I go with armymp327's idea! sounds great! and I also agree you do not need carbon. It removes medication and some people use it to help with smell.

Back
Top Bottom