dinosaur bichir?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one. The Grey (or dino) Bichir grows 12"+, you need a tank of 55g+. They are predatory, not for housing in a community with smaller fish.

A neat fact of your Bichir is that they can be out of water, as long as they stay wet. They have lungs and breath air. (I wouldn't recommend doing this lol). Shorter tanks with bigger footprints are recommended, they breath from the surface.

Mine enjoys caves, but is very active. He feels very comfortable in the tank and is just about always out.

Make sure whatever is covering your tank is secure and doesn't have big gaps. If the mood catches them right, they like to go for a stroll.

I feed him krill, bloodworms, shrimp pellets and sinking cichlid pellets.

Once a monthish they get a few feeders for fun.

steez said:
I have one. The Grey (or dino) Bichir grows 12"+, you need a tank of 55g+. They are predatory, not for housing in a community with smaller fish.

A neat fact of your Bichir is that they can be out of water, as long as they stay wet. They have lungs and breath air. (I wouldn't recommend doing this lol). Shorter tanks with bigger footprints are recommended, they breath from the surface.

Mine enjoys caves, but is very active. He feels very comfortable in the tank and is just about always out.

How big is your tank? Dimensions?

Back
Top Bottom