Dinosaur birchil has bleeding lump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jgbuc78

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My dinosaur has had a bleeding lump.for 2 weeks now. I isolated him. He acts completely normal just has that lump

Attachments

• 20230826_012935.jpg
    20230826_012935.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230826_012924.jpg
    20230826_012924.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230826_012840.jpg
    20230826_012840.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 12
It appears to be an internal issue caused by either it swallowing something undigestible ( i.e. gravel) or an internal infection.
Have you seen any defecation?
What have you been feeding the fish?
Is the fish still eating?
What are your water parameters ( Ph, Hardness)?

Ya I'm thinking it might have been gravel. My tank did have gravel substrate. I did change it over to sand. It is eating. I been feeding it bottom feeder pellets. Its currently isolated in a 20 gallon tank with nothing at all

Ya I'm thinking it might have been gravel. My tank did have gravel substrate. I did change it over to sand. It is eating. I been feeding it bottom feeder pellets. Its currently isolated in a 20 gallon tank with nothing at all

At this point, you can try these things:
Do not feed the fish for a couple of days to see if the swelling goes down.
Use Epsom salt in the tank to help ease the muscles to help it pass the blockage.
See if you have a local Aquatic Vet who can do an X-Ray to see what it is in there.
_----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to be watching for defecation since the fish was eating. If the blockage is in the intestines, it could lead to a bacterial infection from the food rotting inside with nowhere to go. If the blockage is actually in the stomach but not causing a total blockage, it could be an ulceration which would require a more advanced Veterinarian guided treatment. You don't want to haphazardly medicate because if you use the wrong meds, that could make things worse. If there is an ulcer, it may need to be surgically repaired.

So I would start there. (y)

Back
Top Bottom