Dirted Fluval Spec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't gravel be too large to effectively contain the dirt? Due to the larger sized gravel, i would imagine there would be gaps in the layer..

I'd go with something smaller like floramax, EC, or sand as a cap. I could be wrong, but just thinking logically.

Wouldn't gravel be too large to effectively contain the dirt? Due to the larger sized gravel, i would imagine there would be gaps in the layer..

I'd go with something smaller like floramax, EC, or sand as a cap. I could be wrong, but just thinking logically.

That's what I thought too until I looked at more of Dustinsfishtanks on the YouTube.

This is what I am using... Super Naturals brand

image-1451868992.jpg

Anddddddd so far so good:

image-1709067707.jpg

I have had this happen. Had to fill the gaps with sand.

OP, glad it's working out for you.

The filter on the Spec V is like a sump... the water flows in through that grill on the top left and then it travels through the compartments concealed in the back, and then it gets pumped out through that spray nozzle.

I want to go pretty planted in here. Any fish suggestions to go along with this? I was looking at White Cloud Mountain Minnows...

Back
Top Bottom