dirty tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saaebn

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two tanks in my house- a 75 gal and a 10 gal. I love them and it kill me when they start to get really dirty looking in any way. I check all of my levels weekly and make sure everything is going smoothly for the fish and the look of the tank.

My question is this- Does it just kill you to walk into someones home and notice that their tank is covered in slim and the water is almost greenish? Since we got our tanks I tend to notice other poeples tanks now more closely and there are a couple lately that I wish I could come over and clean while they are away. One I wanted to just take away and considered them unfit to raise fish. :)

Everyone has times in their lives when the algea sneaks up on them or the water all of the sudden gets murky or the levels go crazy, but I am talking about people that every time I visit their tanks are nasty.

Uggh - totally grossed out.

Stacie

Depends on how well you know the people in how you approach is I suppose. I would nicely attempt to educate them if you think they need it. Maybe offer to help clean it. I've never been in that situation. I have been to places after the fact though... To find this old, green disgusting thing that used to be a tank with everything in side long dead. What a terrible way to die, ugh.

Heh, my biggest prob is tanks on TV. I see SO many overstocked tanks with uncompatible fish, both SW and FW. Drives me up a wall.

As for those folks with nasty tanks, why not pass alone the URL to this awesome website called Aquariumadvice ;) Maybe they'll take an interest?

Allivymar said:
As for those folks with nasty tanks, why not pass alone the URL to this awesome website called Aquariumadvice ;) Maybe they'll take an interest?

Yeah, do that for sure. Then it's not you personally telling somebody what to do, it's all of our helpful suggestions :]

Back
Top Bottom