Disappearing Gramma?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally added fish to my awaiting tank last night...a clown and royal gramma. Did a 2hr drip acclimation (let the water double, emptied half and let it double again). The clown is doing just fine, but the gramma disappeared into the rocks and I haven't seen it since.

I came downstairs this morning and can't find it anywhere. I lifted the rocks that weren't partially in the sand bed and couldn't find him. Are they that good at hiding, or did the clown get PO'd and take him out?

If it only been a day I wouldn't worry just yet if he is getting used to his new home. Hopefully you do see him come out in the next day or so to eat.

yeah, i've seen that a lot online since I posted this. What's a good food for them? I'm feeding the clown Marine FX by Dainichi (which is what the LFS says they feed all their fish, I thought it best to keep them on the same diet)

Not sure, I don't actually have a gramma, but I feed all my guys a mixture of brine, mysis, oyster eggs and flakes. They are spoilt :)

Mine hid for a week, wrote it off then one day while feeding look who came to dinner

Back
Top Bottom