Discoloration on pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kellet18

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I am really new to this forum! I have a common pleco who is about 2 months old and I recently noticed spots of discoloration on his back he has been acting normal though and I haven't noticed and unfamiliar behavior. I'm worried and not sure if this is a disease he has or what I should do about it. I would really appreciate any advice! Thank you

Light/white spots? What size tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407552630.991847.jpg

Yes it is discolored patches on his back

He is in a 45 gallon tank with only small guppies and an albino Cory catfish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They can get discolored when stressed. Did you rearrange the tank or attempt to catch him? If so, this could be why. He could just be adjusting.

What are your parameters?

Could it be possible that he could be still stressed from when I got him 2 months ago?
MY water parameters are as follows

Ph- 7.2
Ammonia -0
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0
Hardness-150
Alkalinity-120

I think the water appears to be in normal conditions

Ok thank you for your help!!?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My common pleco was like this when I moved him to a bigger tank and gave him hiding places( previous owner had in small tank with no hidin places and light on) after a few days in a bigger tank and hiding places they vanished now he/she has no patches, I did look up on Internet and it was saying its from stress so they should go in a few days to a week

Back
Top Bottom