Discus Cube Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaAussie

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I recently build my 240g malawi tank which frees up my cube to house all my discus. The tank is beautiful and the fish so happy.

10 x discus
1 x Galaxy pleco
1 x Farlowella
And a couple dozen fire ember tertras

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415930001.198284.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415930036.463492.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415930068.134555.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415930093.908078.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415930225.161677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think it's around 60g

And I know you may think that it's too small for this many fish but it's perfect. I have a lot of fish experience and it is perfect.

The tank and fish look amazing!

Though discus required a 4' tank??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And I know you may think that it's too small for this many fish but it's perfect. I have a lot of fish experience and it is perfect.

Having fish experience and Discus experience are two totally different things and quite often a big misconception. I had 20 years fish experience going into Discus 10 years ago and it wasn't squat. It a whole different ballgame.

Though discus required a 4' tank??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, they should be. I'm still waiting for a reply as to the # of gallons.

Having fish experience and Discus experience are two totally different things and quite often a big misconception. I had 20 years fish experience going into Discus 10 years ago and it wasn't squat. It a whole different ballgame.

Yes, they should be. I'm still waiting for a reply as to the # of gallons.

he said around 60 gallons, discus have specific needs and giving them anything but those needs and more is cruel. You say you have experience but this is clearly a defense since you apparently know that it is cruel (or why else would you mention this)

10 discus in a 66 gallon tank works for me. But it probably wouldn't work for most people.

Obviously this thread has been cleaned up heavily. Let the message be clear, be nice. It is in the community rules for a reason. Any further issues and this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom