discus died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wat would be a good safe way to drop the ph. I'm hoping the fish are good. The only reason I lost my discus was my own laziness and stupidity not feeding a correct diet which is changing soon as the new NLS comes in. I also lost one of my oldest gourami but I'm thinking he could handle the temp and Ph for the discus. Except all my other original fish are still great. My problem is I have 125g tank and to do 30% pwc 2 times a day is time consuming and pricey for chemicals.

I would hope its not just a case of fish just dying. Cuz even then there would have been something I did or didn't do to care for my fish. These fish are my addiction

I use discus buffer but u may wind up causing more issues. What chemicals do you use? I use prime and stability and one cap of prime is 50 gallons. Also you don't have to do that much water changes 25 percent should be ok every 3 days should be more than enough unless your extremely overstocked. How many gallons is your filter rated for?

I have had perfectly healthy fish die in a day. It wouldn't mean it's your fault . When I first got into fish a guy told me first thing is that fish die man sometimes for no reason at all

Yeah I understand that. Just so far I've had some bad luck in the past. And I'm sure everyone has made some mistakes. But I learned and 6 months ago I went from a barracks to to a house. Bought a 55g tank promising id wait till I got more and not a not later I had a 125g and then a few months later I now have 6 tanks haha. This is the best tank I have had in my life. I'm sure everyone agrees. Especially people on here

I been through it too man . Just do small daily water changes for a week and see what happens. I definitely would never do 30 percent twice a day

That's wat I thought. But it just seems like 10% would be enough there still is over 100 gallons left with the bad perimeters

It should be ok your parameters aren't really that bad . But it's your tank but my best guess is that because of the amount your changing your beneficial bacteria is just not caught up yet. But the small daily ones till your tank gets perfect will let the bacteria increase and still keep it fish safe

Like I was asking on my other post do u think I should stop doing g the gravel vac on all my pwc. And should I stop adding co2 and the algafix to maybe help the beneficial bacteria alobg

I would gravel vac every other time and I wouldn't use anything besides prime and stability and your discus buffer I don't use anything besides that in any of my tanks

Yea try to get spirulina brine shrimp it has added algae which is really could. My discus diet is hikari bio gold in the am then after work omega one cichlid flakes and one cube of either of the following that I change everyday spirulina brine shrimp, mysis shrimp , beefheart plus, daphnia. Krill, squid,discus mix and bloodworms the only thing is I limit beef heart and bloodworms to 2 times a week

So the others aren't going to cause the bloat bacteria that happened to my discus because I had been doing a small amount of hikari cichlid gold in the mornings. Shrimp afternoon and hikari evenings. After yesterday I have done any feeding. But the discus are starting the pecking order all over again because the one that died was the boss. Hence he ate more than any of the other

No cichlid gold is too much for discus . They need to eat small meals. They are foraging fish and in the wild they just eat a little bit all day

I see. With pellets they wont even look at it until it on the ground. But I put something frozen in there whether I'm holding it or not it turns into a feeding frenzy. Someone said it was difficult to get discus to be hand fed but everyone of mine with in a week were brave as ever

I'm thinking I'm probably going to stick with some shrimp and topfin small cichlid pellets for a few days

Back
Top Bottom