Discus fish sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattefect

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tonight I come home and both my discus are extremely dark, sitting on the bottom and breathing slowly. I put some salt in the tank and..... Raised the heat and waiting. It's been. About 20 mins now. So sad. Any help you guys can give me?

change the water 25% keep the lights off or low and feed blood worm once a day... dont use chemicals or salt... the chage is stressing them out even more then they are now leave them alone run your filters at max flow chage the water 25% once a week... they will be fine...once again DONT USE SALT OR CHEMICALS IT STRESSES THEM EVEN MORE

Alright they are looking better already after the salt an temp rise. I change the water once every 2 days. I think it might have been the de chlorinator because it smells like rotten eggs so. Not doing any changes till I can clarify that.

no dechlorinators use sulfer product to get rid of the chlorine in tank and thats what makes the dechlorinator smell like eggs.... i use prime and it kinda smells funny but i dont use much just a touch of it in my large tank and i have no problems chlorine naturaly evaporates in less the 24 hours at room temp in a warm discus tank i goes even quicker

Woke up this morning and my discus are happily swimming around :) I'll see tonight if they do the same thing

Back
Top Bottom