Discus ID please and urgent help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He has a large tank yes. But it is really very neglected and I do believe these discus got use to some abuse so maybe thats why they didn't show any stress in my small tank. I ll do frequent water changes as suggested. Thanks. Thanks Autum. I have a pump to pour and take out water. Will use that. It will be less stressful for the fish. About hikari well thats the only reputable brand here other than the stendker frozen beefheart which will reach to me very late. So i ll try hikari. Also ordered garlic guard. Its only two weeks but i don't want these fish to get sick so wanna do everything possible in my reach.

There is one update. Today they nibbled at food. They took and spitted out. I ve seen my mono angels did that when they were new to tank. So is this a good sign that they atleast tried to eat? They didn't like food or if its the usual normal thing and they ll eat food eventually if they now at least tried the food?Brookster dear I understand your frustration as this is animal abuse but its just two weeks and I am doing my best as possible so that's why looking for help. I read and read and there is one misunderstanding happened on my part as well. They said 10 gallon per one discus but they were saying 10 gallon for additional discus and usually 50 gallon to start with. So i misunderstood and thought well they ll be fine if one requires 10 gallons only. I later understood what they were saying. On top of that i called lfs and he said a pair is fine in 16 to 20 gallon which of course is false info. Maybe he was thinking i am gonna buy a pair from him and my tank is small so he maybe just said to sell his discus.

Anyways i see they are not stressed so that makes me less stressed as well. I hope they start eating soon. I cranked the temperature to 82f
See... you can make all the claims you want and speculate all youd like.. thing with discus... they're like so sensitive that if you neglect them they either look terrible, look funny or die. These fish you have look pretty pretty good in size/body/eyes and finnage. They were well cared for... no arguing that.

See... you can make all the claims you want and speculate all youd like.. thing with discus... they're like so sensitive that if you neglect them they either look terrible, look funny or die. These fish you have look pretty pretty good in size/body/eyes and finnage. They were well cared for... no arguing that.
Ok fine yes I am a liar if that makes you happy brother. These are Asian discus. Wish you could see how they are kept here. There is only one lfs in whole country who has german stendkers and rest are Asian. There German discus are so delicate and kept in amazing pristine conditions. Rest lfs don't know what kind of discus they have. I visited few lfs and see some discus which they have since forever in there small tanks. One tank at lfs have on his counter with ONLY ONE discus in it along with some tetras and when i asked him how often he changes water he said once a month but discus is fine ALONE and living. I am not saying its a good practice but telling you it happens here.

About discus in my tank, they are healthy and swimming in my 16 gallon right now. Not stressed or shy at all. You people in America asume that fish all over the world require same care. Rams here are so easy to keep then the rams you get there. Here all fish comes from asian markets and we all know how asian breeders treat there fish not to mention color dying and injecting Hormones and colors.

Also i do see many videos on internet by top discus breeders who cleared many myths which people like you creates to keep other people stay away from discus like daily water changes and all that. Some people make there own discus food etc which is totally unnecessary really. Its sad that people who keep discus never encourage other person to go for discus even if he or she has a 500 gallon tank. You people make this fish like impossible to keep.

I repeat i am keeping them for two weeks only. Yes two weeks. But i ll show you how they look after two weeks so you can see yourself. Of course this tank is extremely small but its TEMPORARY if you understand and please don't be so offended about animal cruelty because i do remember once someone asked about how to heal his small cheap fish like maybe surgery and your shocking reply was why is it a 5000 dollars arowana? You were sarcastic but for your information for some people fish are not just show off. Some people do LOVE there fish and care for them regardless of the price. Being a discus keeper if you would have been really concerned you would have helped me.

I WON'T ASK HERE ANY MORE QUESTIONS REGARDING DISCUS FISH. THANKS.

For concerned animal lovers, my friend got back early and I handed over discus to him. Now they ll be in there big tank.

20180915_000802_01_01.jpg

All good. Fish are fine. 20180915_000802~01~01.jpg

That is good, hoping the friend will give them some extra love. They look good!
Thanks. He only have two of them with other small very fast all sorts of tetras. But its his tank and his choice. I did my part by telling him he need more discus and avoid very fast fish with them.

Back
Top Bottom