Discus journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys I've currently got a 6ft tank (400 litres) and 5 x 2 inch discus in it... Discus seem really happy water parameters are perfect and I run an FX5 filter which is awesome! How much and how frequently should I be doing water changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey guys I've currently got a 6ft tank (400 litres) and 5 x 2 inch discus in it... Discus seem really happy water parameters are perfect and I run an FX5 filter which is awesome! How much and how frequently should I be doing water changes?

To grow them out properly with little to no chance of stunting, 2" Discus should be in 30-40g tank, be power fed at least 3x's per day, and have multiple (3 or4) daily WC's of at least 75-90%. That will guarantee best growth rates.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

My recommendation, do weekly water changes of 30% since your discus are young.

If you are getting more discus ensure to keep an eye on nitrates. For young discus keep water @ 30 deg C, pH @ 6.3/6.5

Did a lot of rehoming, these are the two new guys.
qsnvj6.jpg
and an updated on the red turq and possible alinquer mix? .
2cwwvvd.jpg

205tdzo.jpg
current 55 stock. Sadly the big orange to the right will be moved to the 125. Slowly switching to adults, as i broke my sink and now have to do allnaturale water changes with buckets.

Nice!!! I just started following this thread. Im a discus guy.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1426656065195.jpg
    1426656065195.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 122
Fyi the photos I post are of my discus dispersed between a 20l(growout), a 55, and a 125.

Beautiful discus jessica!

Thank you:) ill post a bunch of photos later! Havent updated in some time

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else heard that an adult discus is usually as smart as a 3-5 yr. old human? It might be total nonsense, but I've heard it.

Aquariums make for a betta world. Wanna discus it?

Has anyone else heard that an adult discus is usually as smart as a 3-5 yr. old human? It might be total nonsense, but I've heard it.

Aquariums make for a betta world. Wanna discus it?

I haven't heard of this with discus, but I know there was a study confirming this in mbuna.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom