Discus not eating and always swim up and down :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baygon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Dear experts,

i brought home a blue discus from LFS two days ago and i have not seen him eat anything whenever i feed to other fishes. The color was dark at first day then i read like 200 articles about Discus care and did several partial WC ( 40-50%) saturday night, sunday and monday. Evervytime i changed do WC the discus color become lighter as i can see the blue mark and the eyes are more blood red. I dont know if its the PH issue because at first it was introduced the PH was 7.6 then i used API proper to balances the PH to around 6.6 as i only add the PH treatment at the water to be changed and i did 40% WC.

Still i have not seen my little discus eat when i feed and it is always at the back of the tank swimming from left corner to roght corner and then up and down... (But if i turn off the light then he seems less stress and calm down)

im so worried... please save me...

For foods i bought: freeze dried Bworm, Tropical granule, reptotreat bloodworm, tropical flakes. The discus doesnt go for the food...not at all.

ForumRunner_20120903_233816.jpg

ForumRunner_20120903_233848.jpg

ForumRunner_20120903_233855.jpg

Back
Top Bottom