Discus not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattefect

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I currently have a 210l nano. And I currently have 3 discus. 2 being red and blue and the other being just blue. I've checked my ph and it's at 7.2. I feed my fish tetra granular in the morning and blood worms at night. The two red and blue discus eat the food like crazy. But recently the blue hasn't been eating any of the food. He used to also eat like crazy but not anymore. I don't know what's happening or if he's sick how I shud treat him. Please help guys. Thanks

Have you tried using Xtreme Garlic or soaking some pellets with that solution, I have read that it will help and actually, it worked in my situation where my flowerhorn was not eating and later began eating when I added the solution to the aquarium water and the pellets...Use the recommended dosage.

Mattefect said:
Hey guys I currently have a 210l nano. And I currently have 3 discus. 2 being red and blue and the other being just blue. I've checked my ph and it's at 7.2. I feed my fish tetra granular in the morning and blood worms at night. The two red and blue discus eat the food like crazy. But recently the blue hasn't been eating any of the food. He used to also eat like crazy but not anymore. I don't know what's happening or if he's sick how I shud treat him. Please help guys. Thanks

Is the blue discus getting bullied? Try feeding on both ends of the tank to lessen the fight over the food. Does the blue discus has any interest on eating at all? If I were you, I'll do some research on discus parasites. Usually "not eating" is one of the symptoms. Do some research on "metrodinazole" as well. It's one of the meds that can be used to rid of some discus parasites. Best of luck!

Hi Mattefect,
How are your fish?
I have my Discus at PH 7.0 so I think PH 7.2 would be fine.
What do your nitrates look like? Discus do best with nitrates below 20.

Dennis

Back
Top Bottom