Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karahrs

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was thinking of starting up a tank and was wonderi NH if these are any different than taking care of an African cichlid and what would I have to do differently to keep these guys

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have the time and effort to give them they are very rewarding. I currently have 2 tanks running using 2 totally different methods ro water re mineralised for the soft effect and the hma water which removes metals from water but remains hard in this method only the stendker lines are recommended as these are bred in Germany to tolerate german tap water.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Discus like high temperatures, super clean water along with big wc, they're sensitive, PH is debated. Have to be careful with their tank mates bc of the high temp and bc the discus' personality. Above all i think the most important thing is to keep the water perimeters the same.

Okay I'll do a lot of research before attemting. me and my boyfriend have been into cichlids for almost a year now and we've been getting better and better and decided we might do something more. Would they do okay in an octagon tall tank ?

Okay I'll do a lot of research before attemting. me and my boyfriend have been into cichlids for almost a year now and we've been getting better and better and decided we might do something more. Would they do okay in an octagon tall tank ?

No. They prefer length to swim. Octagonal tanks are a horrible choice. They should be kept in a group minimum of 5, with rate of 10g per adult fish. Anything less than that, (grouping or water volume) will stress them.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Back
Top Bottom