Discuss set up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gvillboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm thinking about adopting some baby discuss...I was wondering could anyone shed some insight. What should I do before I add them to the tank? how to maintain the tank? what decor should be added and type of gravel...any info will help....

How big of a tank do you have?
They're not that hard of fish to keep, but the important thing is water quality-weekly water changes of around 40-50% is something you should do so they have impeccably clean water and stay healthy.

My 29 gallon is What I'm going to put them in... Someone told me I shouldn't use water from the sink....I forgot what he called the water though..

Unfortunately, 29 gallons is too small for a discus. These fish get the size of dinner plates. It could be used as a grow-out tank but nothing permenant.

Correct you are but they won't be in there forever. Like I said they're babies right now....not even quarter size yet....so yea

Gvillboy said:
Correct you are but they won't be in there forever. Like I said they're babies right now....not even quarter size yet....so yea

Ah must have missed that part, my bad.

I think four or five in there from four to five months will be fine in a grow-out tank like a 29 before their tank size needs to be upgraded.

Ok Well i think I'm going to go with two for now and see how it goes..... I did a little research on them and I think I'll be able to keep them healthy...

Back
Top Bottom