DishNetwork DVR 625

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
We just got a new 625 and our satelite keeps locking up. Then we have to reset it and let it load. It happens quite often (many times a day). This is the second one we have had. The first one was defective from the start. This one just doesn't work as good as the standard receiver. In the past hour I have had to reset it three times. I don't think this is normal. Does anyone else have experience with these? The 322 worked flawlessly, this one is just a pain.

BTW- It's the DVR with Movies on Demand.

Also, at some point in time last night it cleared out all the recordings. Then this morning it said that it was cleaning the hard drive. What is that?

does your receiver have one of those identity or account cards in it? My parents use DirecTV and they were having a similar problem. After calling customer service they sent them a new account card to put into the machine and it cleared up the issue.

I don't know if the DishNetwork machines work the same way or not, but the symptoms sound similar.

It has a place for a SmartCard but there's nothing in it. I don't think our last one had a card in it either. I called Dish yesterday and they said that it just happens sometimes. But we lose reception all the time. When we lived at our last apt we would be watching tv when it was storming like crazy and the tornado sirens were going off. But at this place, it seems like a light breeze makes us lose reception. It's the same company, but just a different Dish and receiver.

My parents also have DirecTv and they had that problem with the bad card. I'm guessing that Dish doesn't use them anymore. Their machines now have hard drives and all that stuff so I guess everything is just electronically in the receiver. I do know that once they activate a receiver, they can't activate it ever again. So maybe that's why.

You mean the receiver? It's brand new. We just got it last week. The satelite itself is also new, we just got it July 2nd. It could be that something is defective. The second receiver (the first 625) was defective and they shipped us a new one. The first receiver that we had (the standard receiver that was installed by mistake) worked perfectly. So possibly just the receiver?

Thanks. I think I'm going to calll Dish Network this afternoon and see what they say. It erases the hard drive every night so it is frustrating.

I called Dish and they are sending out another new receiver tomorrow morning. Overnighting it. They said if the next one fails then they are going to send a tech out to put in a new dish. In the meantime, they are crediting our account. :D So even though we have to live with having to reset our receiver each day and reset the timers and lose what we recorded, at least they are compensating us.

have you looked to see if anything is obstucting the dishes view of the sky? Is there a chance that it got moved at all, like a bird?

When the last guy came out to install the faulty DVR he went out back and said that nothing was obstructing the view and that it looked fine to him. But I think we got a installation guy who wasn't too happy with us. The first guy didn't show up on the day he was supposed to. He came out the next evening around 7:30 pm. Apparently he fell off a house installing a dish the day before and that's why he didn't call or didn't show up. Then he installed the wrong receiver. So I think he may have been a little disoriented when he came out. Plus he was on medication from the ER so I don't think he did everything correctly. Then the second guy came out to install the correct receiver and he was 6 hours late. That one ended up being faulty so he said he would send someone out the next day to bring us a good one. Well we got frustrated because James had to take off work everytime they were supposed to come out. I don't want to be there alone with an installation guy. You never know what could happen. I know, paranoid. I got frustrated with that guy because the receiver didn't work and we had been without tv for over a week and the news is like a ritual to me. Every morning and every evening I HAVE to watch it to see what's going on. So I think a little bit of my frustration might have showed through. Plus I was tired of having to sit at the house all day long waiting for the guy to show up. And you can't use the net because when they are close to the neighborhood they always call and ask for directions. So basically I was bored out of my mind. It just got very very frustrating and they guy knew that I was frustrated with the whole thing. So I don't know if he really checked everything too well before he left us with the bad receiver and promised that he would be back the next day. Well he never showed the next day. So then Dish just overnighted us the new receiver and we installed it ourself on the phone with Dish. But I'm thinking that something isn't installed right on the actual dish. What are the chances that we got 2 bad receivers? The first one didn't work period. It just turned itself on and off all day long. The second one will work for a little bit, then will freeze and then erase the hard drive. Last night it did it twice while watching the 35 minute news. So if we get a third bad receiver, then someone better be out at that house inspecting the whole thing. Something just doesn't seem right about the whole situation. When we had dish at the old apt we never had any issues. I had to call them once during the whole 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom