Distressed Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dont chemically lower it. The PH is not your killer problem here. I promise.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have limited discus experience but did you treat them for internal parasites?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That I did not, and that could also be the problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finny.... Come to my thread or your thread. We're getting way off this threads topic.

Finny.... Come to my thread or your thread. We're getting way off this threads topic.

Okay, I'll go to the distressed discus thread o' mine

Poppa, anything about water changes that I'm doing wrong or what

IMO missing one 10g change made daily should not cause any nitrite or ammonia.

How are you getting the readings(.03?)

Something is wrong in your tank.
Your filter is overloaded,tank overstocked,dead something rotting in tank or incorrect test.
With the death of fish I will dismiss incorrect test ideas...
Is anyone missing?
Are all the goldfish gone?...ALL?

New discussion... Kinda. Brought here from what did ya do with your tank thread as not to get off topic.

Finny found his discus dead today. Says the other stressed. Levels are raised ammo .03, trites .5, trates 20 i believe

Well i forgot about this being the sick tank with horrible ill goldies. The discs probably never rebounded from that either.

Honestly I would suspect them being the cause of the water quality issues all along. 11 goldfish will wreck a biofilter.

Don't use grade or age as an excuse for not knowing a word, look it up and get a lil smarter (y) Regimen means your habits or your way of life, so to speak. So, my water change "regimen" is weekly 50%.

IMO missing one 10g change made daily should not cause any nitrite or ammonia.

How are you getting the readings(.03?)

Something is wrong in your tank.
Your filter is overloaded,tank overstocked,dead something rotting in tank or incorrect test.
With the death of fish I will dismiss incorrect test ideas...
Is anyone missing?
Are all the goldfish gone?...ALL?

Filter is not overloaded, there are a few dead leaves but they are vacuumed out dsily, I doubt test is incorrect but I can retest, no one is missing, and every last goldie is back at school

How often & how much per change.

Oh okay. I do a 10g water change daily. I occasionally miss a day due to a ton of schoolwork or something unexpected pops up. I think I've missed 5 daily water changes in a month

Thats a good schedule. Do you poke substrate to release build up? As to keep an anerobic build up from happening. Im thinking these goldies really hurt your filter and your discus.

Honestly I would suspect them being the cause of the water quality issues all along. 11 goldfish will wreck a biofilter.

Don't use grade or age as an excuse for not knowing a word, look it up and get a lil smarter (y) Regimen means your habits or your way of life, so to speak. So, my water change "regimen" is weekly 50%.

After I had the goldfish I did replace the filter cartridges bc of that, which could be an issue but it's safer than a wreaked biofilter. And I won't, I'll look up up next time.

You may be dealing with a mini cycle then.... All new cartridges = non cycled cartridges, correct?

Back
Top Bottom