Dither fish for Kribs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakeandwendy

Aquarium Advice Activist
fishless cycling a 55gal and i want to put some kribs in there, 4 or 5 males. what are some good dither fish besides danios? there will also be 2 raphael cats in there, so they can't be too small unless they're super fast. i was thinking emporer tetras maybe. any ideas would be appreciated.

As long as the fish is faster and not small enough to fit in their mouth. Seriously. I have 4 Kribs with a dozen otos and the Kribs keep spawning (ok so they keep eating their eggs but they're still juvies)

The tetras will work: rummies, black widows (skirts) black neons, glow lights, even rasboras (which is what the black neons really are)

As long as the fish is faster and not small enough to fit in their mouth. Seriously. I have 4 Kribs with a dozen otos and the Kribs keep spawning (ok so they keep eating their eggs but they're still juvies)

The tetras will work: rummies, black widows (skirts) black neons, glow lights, even rasboras (which is what the black neons really are)

I agree. Most any bigger bodied tetra will work.

Black neons are not rasboras though. I'd personally avoid most danios and rasboras. They are fast enough to get away BUT if one of the kribs gets lucky, they are nicely bite sized.

Back
Top Bottom