Dither fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveho

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys im looking to get some dither fish for my kribs but they have a 20g to themselves. anyone with experiance please chime in

hey guys im looking to get some dither fish for my kribs but they have a 20g to themselves. anyone with experiance please chime in

If you are looking to breed the Kribs, you can keep them to themselves if you have a nice quiet place for the tank that doesn't get a lot of outside traffic and disturbences. If you just want to keep some other fish with them, the Congo Tetra is another African fish specie or the African Butterfly can go in. Both of these fish are top swimmers so they would not interfere with the Kribs or challenge them for tank space.

Hope this helps...(y)

Congo tetras are a large characin (tetra) and IMO too large for just a 20 gallon. Any of the smaller to mid sized tetars will do just fine, seeing as Kribs are from soft water rivers anyway. I personally like serpae tetras, but thats just my own preference. You just want to pick something that can with stand the abuse breeding kribs can dish out, so I'd steer clear of long, flowing fins and super bright colors.

hmm i have heard good things about barbs any info there. i have got some danios etc already in my 55 so i could move some over....but that means i couldnt buy more fish....and thats crazy talk

Back
Top Bottom