DIY c02 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richpowell1989

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have c02 in my tank but jus wanted to no what everyone wud say is there personal favourite DIY c02 setup tried n tested?
Thanks rich

I run an air line from a 2 liter bottle into a Gatorade bottle, through a check valve, into a mini nano diffuser. I like the set up so far. It's been running on my original mix for a week now.

I wanted to saturate my tank with Co2 while doing my fish less cycle to give my love plants a head start before putting in fish. I made a pretty potent mix.

1.5tsp of yeast
2.25 cups of sugar
1.5 liters of water.

Any way you can take some pics of that? Would like to get some ideas. Thanks

imageevd.jpg

imageciz.jpg

imagepro.jpg

imagexfnk.jpg

Mine is 1 spoon of yeast I have learnt the least the better n 3 spoons of sugar in a 2 litre bottle with a filter bottle works fine n plants love it :)

Thank you, should I fill up the 2 ltr bottle with the mix and the rest w water? I assume the gatorade filter bottle is clean water

Only fill it up but leave a 3 inch cap from the top of the bottle n make sure the tube don't touch the water

The tube from 2ltr run it into gatorade bottle which is half full of water and run it into water. Run tube out of gatorade bottle to tank but this tube is not to be submerged in filter water just above correct?

What I ment is u shud have a spare bottle with extra water to stop the toxins reaching yr tank n u shud have a check valve also

I did use a diffuser but now it runs thru my filter to brake up the bubbles to smaller easy to dilsove ones but some people use airstone but in my experience its hard to build up a lot of pressure for it to work

I still use DIY CO2 on my 29g, and have had to learn by doing.

I started with a single 2l coke bottle, airline tubing, check valve, and a Hagen ladder diffuser. I had a terrible time of getting CO2 levels up period, much less stable (which is as or even more important than the actual amount of CO2). I also have an inexpensive bubble counter in-line.

So I added a 2nd bottle and a brass T. That helped with making levels more consistent, but bottles just didn't keep producing long enough... I recently switched both bottles to 1 gallon juice jugs. I use the same recipe for the DIY "homebrew", just now they have more water so the yeast doesn't get overwhelmed by the alcohol as quickly- thus producing longer. It seems to be working very well.

You can use a bubble stone, it just won't make tiny bubbles like a diffuser would, I use both:)

Thanks everyone!!!! Got my contraption built, now headed to the store to get yeast and give my plants something to be happy about

Back
Top Bottom