Diy co2 and a 5gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattfinn

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have my 5 gal Betta tank. It's filled with crypts but I just want to try an increase the crypt growth a bit by adding some co2. I already have a diy system going on one tank so I rigged up another system for this one.

My question is I'm using an internal filter for diffusion, the filter isn't breaking the waters surface and so I'm worried that I may actually gas my betta. As the co2 by the looks of it is able to accumulate on the surface an not break the surface as effectively with a tank that has constant water movement.

The filter is really just to help clean and store BB whilst providing a little bit of water movement for the plants.

Should I stick with the co2 or can it? I don't want to kill my betta

Thanks I know that is a simple solution I just don't have an air stone on me or the funds a 17 yr old requires haha ?. Christmas was good but not that good if you know what I mean.

I did bring the filter closer to the surface just now, so that it is actually moving the surface water some bit and also limiting the time for co2 to diffuse which I'm thinking in a combined effort may help my situation.

Back
Top Bottom