DIY co2 diffuser help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do a google search for "DIY CO2 reactor" and take your pick... there are several methods and I havent picked mine yet, so I wouldnt want to recommend any specific way at this time

Ozydego said:
Do a google search for "DIY CO2 reactor" and take your pick... there are several methods and I havent picked mine yet, so I wouldnt want to recommend any specific way at this time

I like the one on here with the hagan mini elite filter

Hope this helps, I tried an air stone, a difuser i bought, a sponge. What I found works the best is taking paper off an unused cigarette filter, wading it into a thin piece to fit into the air line tubing. This really chops up the bubbles. I have it behind my intake strainer that way it's run throught the filter. Haven't had any problems yet, I have a FX 5 Filter on a 56 gal tank.

I have it going into the intake of my filter and the bubbles are so tiny you can barely see them

Dyi co2

I have two tanks, a 29 gal that i just add seachem fert and sechem excel for the co2. I used to have the dyi co2 on this one but my ph dropped so i just use the esachem. ON my 56 gal i use the fertilizer and just recently added the dyi co2 but will keep an eye on the ph. Th fX5 filter is so big I think i will be ok. Here's some pics

The 56 gal is on the left, the pic on the right is my 29 gal, I have an Eheim 2217 on the 29gal. 2 t5 lights on the 56gal and one t5 on the 29gal

Attachments

• DSC00171.JPG
    DSC00171.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00175.JPG
    DSC00175.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 124
Got my reactor bubbling away, have it going through a bubble stone, so the bubbles are tiny, and they are being sucked into the filter by the flow to give them a lot of time to be churned and absorbed, noticed the impeller is slightly louder though, may see if I can find a glass bell to catch the co2 and experiment around.... My ph could use a little drop being at 7.5 maybe the co2 will help

Back
Top Bottom