diy co2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timwag2001

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i was thinking about putting a valve in the air tubing from the yeast bottle to the bubble counter to possibly adjust my bubble count. is this a bad idea? should co2 be allowed to flow freely between the 2 bottles?

Sounds like a bad idea. If you were to accidently close it, or it were to get back upped up, you would have an awful mess on your hands. I had air valves on mine, but only isolate bottles during mixture changes. I think trying to adjust the bps count on a DIY system is not really feasable. It is going to change constantly anyway as the mixture ages, and then you change the mixture.

Your best bet is to use 2 bottles, stagger the mixture changes, and experiment to find what mix recipe / time frame gets you the most consistent bubble count for your tank.

Never never never try to regulate the flow on DIY CO2. It's a great way to end up with an explosive mess. With DIY CO2 you control the amount of CO2 by adjusting the number/size of bottles, your CO2 mix, and/or diffusion method.

lol. thanks! thats what i was thinking. wasnt too sure though.

Back
Top Bottom