DIY co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you stick with medium to lower lighting then you should not need CO2. Others use CO2 from a tank to get a more constant/predictable amount and to them its also less hassle.

It depends on what you setup consists of and what you want, and how much work you want to do.

a very effective DIY project for co2 diffusion was made by one of this site's members (do not remember which one ... was is neillah ?? ... i will search)

i admire the fact that in his project the co2 diffusion is complete. (=ZERO loss of gas)
most the other projects i saw presented do not proud themselves with this astonishing fact.

i will search for the link in a sec.

edit: (added link)
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/diy-line-co2-reactor-93486.html

the genius is sparky697, i think that is you contact him/her he/she might even sell you one for a very reasonable price.

What size tank, and how much lighting do you have/want to have?

BTW, Sparky's reactor won't work with a DIY system, they can't build up enough pressure to work.

BTW, Sparky's reactor won't work with a DIY system, they can't build up enough pressure to work.

That's not entirely true. I made scaled down CO2 reactors for my aquariums which were powered by ViaAqua 180's and they worked perfectly well with DIY CO2.

The short answer Tifta is yes it works and yes there is better out there.

What plants are you looking to grow in what size tank?

I have a 5 gallon tank right now that i am converting into a planted tank. I got a few plants in it on my profile. I still want to buy some driftwood and maybe tie some java moss on it.

You can grow Java moss is virtually any light, or lack of it. Thats the only truly green thing in my tank with the stock lighting.

Back
Top Bottom