DIY dry ferts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey AA!
Ok so I am having trouble with my amazon swords. They are starting to turn brown and clear. They are rooted in a sand flourite mix substrate. I also have a 28 watt T5HE. They were doing fine for a while because I dosed Aqueon plant food and CO2 every day. Temp was at 78 but raised to treat ick.

And now I ran out of plant food.

My question is what kind of DIY dry fert ideas are there. I'd like to do something that's affordable and somewhat sustainable for a long period of time. As well as makes my plants grow like crazy!

Dry ferts from GreenLeaf Aquariums is only $20 and will last for way over a year plus you get all the micro and macro nutrients you need for your tank.

Rivercats said:
Dry ferts from GreenLeaf Aquariums is only $20 and will last for way over a year plus you get all the micro and macro nutrients you need for your tank.

Thanks Rivercats. I thought maybe there might be a way to avoid online shopping. Perhaps some sort of home depot alternative. Though I remember you mentioning that on another thread. Thanks!

Unfortunely your stuck this time unless you have a hydroponics store around you. If so give them a call and see if they have all those chemicals available.

boadams87 said:
Oh ok. Must be lacking something in your water then

Figured out that my root tabs have probably dissolved. Gonna buy some more tomorrow

Swords like alot of phosphates and iron so if you can find root tabs high in those your swords will really appreciate it.

Rivercats said:
Swords like alot of phosphates and iron so if you can find root tabs high in those your swords will really appreciate it.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom