DIY Fail - Tank Reseal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aclark

Aquarium Advice Activist
[FONT=&quot]I bought a used 75 gallon on Sunday that was a tad beat up. The previous owner had an aquatic turtle in it so the silicone was a bit tattered. Spent a few hours stripping and cleaning all the old silicone off and then spent another 45 min or so taping it up. Here's where the fail comes in, applying the new silicone. I don't know if it was too thick or too thin, but when I pulled up the tape it became a cluster. Tried to fix a few spots where it pulled away from the glass, but I think I made it worse as it was already tacky. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'll fill it just to see in a few days, but I think I'm going to have to strip it again. [/FONT]

This is the tank you posted the pic of on another thread that came with filters and stand etc? I've never resealed a tank. there is a local to NWI forum on facebook and a lot of those people have resealed tanks or make their own. PM if you want the forum name. Not sure that I am supposed to advertise for another forum here. Reseal or not I still think it was a good deal.

So.long as the silicone is in between panels it should be fine. That's the bottom? Won't see it anyways. Def fill.it up and leave it on cardboard or a towel to leak test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom