DIY Root Tabs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm ok. I think as long as your water quality is excellent and you keep up your water changes, I wouldn't think you'd need to vacuum so thoroughly. Also gravel is tricky with root tabs. Larger gravel won't keep the little beads buried.
I use sand in my Cory tank so I can't vacuum deeply. I do swirl above the sand and suck out detritus.

There are a lot of theories on exact causes for Barbel Erosion. I keep Corydoras habrosus.

Good luck :)

What kind of substrate do you have? I can't see some surface crud as causing your corries to rot and become infected? How often do you feed or how stocked is your tank that you have to do that much maintenance in regards to your substrate? Not bashing you just curious.

What kind of substrate do you have? I can't see some surface crud as causing your corries to rot and become infected? How often do you feed or how stocked is your tank that you have to do that much maintenance in regards to your substrate? Not bashing you just curious.

Not that often did Corys die. Only lost 4 within 8 months because if BarBel issues. Feed 3x week. Vac 1x week + 50% WC. Have normal gravel. 40g tank, 15 Cory's, BN Pleco, 15 orange chela danios , 2 USD cat (m/F), male elephant ear Betta
My plants get the Tabs vac'd out sometimes on accident. The only ones that get gravel tabs are Crypts. Everyone else gets Flourish and Excel. I was just hoping there was a magic way to keep them from melting. Even Java Fern melts everynow and then. Holes and yellowing of leaves happens too

It's a possibility that your gravel isn't fine enough. Might be to rough on their barbells. My only cory death was unfortunately due to my own mistake resulting in an ammonia spike.

Back
Top Bottom