diy stand and canopy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crabguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
here are pics of a stand and canopy for a 30 gal hex and a stand for my 52 gal flat back hex.

Attachments

• my_fish_tanks__1-31-07_002_936.jpg
    my_fish_tanks__1-31-07_002_936.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 205
  • my_fish_tanks__1-31-07_003_874.jpg
    my_fish_tanks__1-31-07_003_874.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 185
  • my_fish_tanks__1-31-07_007_419.jpg
    my_fish_tanks__1-31-07_007_419.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 171
Got a lot of people out there looking for examples of hex canopies... finally they have a nice one to study! I like the chunk of driftwood in the long tank, too... where did you get that piece, crabguy?

crabguy!! your hex canopy looks awesome!! you should market the plans!! seriously i need a canopy for my 60 hex... maybe you could give us some pointers!!

Looks good....What kind of lighting do you have in the hex

Ketso,,, It's only winter,,,,the sawdust will keep you warm

redswi said:
Looks good....What kind of lighting do you have in the hex

Ketso,,, It's only winter,,,,the sawdust will keep you warm
:lol: The problem isnt staying warm now. It's staying dry. Have freezing rain and hoping the power doesnt go out! 8O Good thing I dont have fish yet.

sorry for the off topic banter here. I'm done.

the piece of driftwood was from pet solutions online, paid $11.00 when shipping was free. as for the hex canopy, i first made a tracing of the top of the tank using 3/8 inch plywood, then made the cuts on a table saw. now i had a hex shaped top. i then used poplar wood from home depot for the six sides. i laid the top on a table and just butted the sides after they were cut approximately to size at right angles facing up. i just kind of eye balled the angles for the corners and traced the lines and then used a belt sander to make the corners. it wasn't perfect but close. used wood putty and thin screws to attach the pieces. i used u tube compact flour. lights from ace hardware with a double ended socket. i will try to post detail pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom