DIYco2yeast gen mystery stopped wrkin.Recipe&yeast&check valv DO wrk good!PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gentrykappa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
DIYco2yeast gen mystery stopped wrkin.Recipe&yeast&check valv DO wrk good!PLEASE HELP

:(Hi,
i Have a planted tank with a Diy yeast CO2 GENERATOR, The recipe works and i have a bubble every second in the bubble counter but mysteriouslyi no longer have any co2 exiting the diffuser with a chopstick inserted into the 1/4 tubing. To be clear i know the recipe/ yeast and check valve pointed in the correct direction are good and working and have bubbles every second in my bubble counter and my check valve IS POINTED TO CORRECT DIRECTION. Everything was working great untill a day ago. the only diffrence now is there are no bubbles exiting the diffuser. I have NOT changed or manipulated anything since the time the setup was working great. Everything is air tight as far as i can tell. i really need help!! Mabee im missing something since i am new to this DIY project. Please help ++K++:confused::confused::confused:

Hi. Could it be clogged up? Another thing I noticed is that sometimes even though it was generating bubbles it hadn't built up enough pressure to go into the tank. Another thing you can try doing is raise the diffuser up higher in the water column to see if it starts going again, that'd narrow it down for you.

You can spray all of your potential leak areas with a little bit of soapy water to check for leaks.

thank you for your help. i have been using this setup for a week or so.
i will try the soapy water idea and give a update. i am completely stumped even more now. i know there are no cloggs for sure and i shortened the tubbing dramatically and removed the valve altogether. i will add pictures. please if you have any more ideas im getting depressed about the project. THhe pic on the righy is a pic of the yeast on the right with a bubble every second currently coming in the bubble counter. The pic on the left shows the final end of the tubing which typically goes to the aquarium although I have shortned the tubing down to only a foot in legnth instead leADING INTO A SECOND BUBBLE COUNTER WHICH HASE NO BUBBLES SHOWING UP. WEIRD!!!

Attachments

• 2012-05-21_00_57_14.jpeg
    2012-05-21_00_57_14.jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 2012-05-21_00_57_42.jpeg
    2012-05-21_00_57_42.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 35
Might be time to change the Suger/Yeast Bottle out and Refresh, it will only run about a weeks time. Give it a Refresh and wait a hour and let us know.

I apoligize. are u saying that even though im currently seeing a bubble every second in the first bubble counter i should change the yeast out? if so what diffrence woould this make? I have changed it a few times and currently i am seeing a bubble every second in the first bubble counter but not the second. Everything is on tight with no leaks as far as i can tell

Maybe try a smaller jar for the bubble counter. I have a 2L bottle that goes into a small glass mustard jar. It seems like it's not getting enough pressure to leave that second bottle. That's what it sounds like anyway.

Maybe try a smaller jar for the bubble counter. I have a 2L bottle that goes into a small glass mustard jar. It seems like it's not getting enough pressure to leave that second bottle. That's what it sounds like anyway.

Ahh Yeah this sounds like this could be the problem, I tried to us a 2lt bubber counter and it would work so i just dropped it out of the chain. Do you really need a bubble counter for a diy system?

I like it since it will catch any gunk or help with overflow. That and you can tell if there is pressure from that to the tank. More of a piece of mind I guess since I don't have to look in my filter. I have it diffusing through that rather than a diffuser in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom