Do Bolivian Rams have white on their bottom fin or is it ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyvette

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have about 5 spots on my bolivians bottom fin.... thats the only place. One has them darker than the other. They are close to the same spot on each of them, and each have 5. Is that normal? They are white, and salt grain. Is there a couple pics of ich so I can compare?

tbonem91 said:
are they lumpy?

Nope. But they are new, and my QT is occupied :D I had to save these guys last night... based on the fact they need clean water, I couldnt lettem sit in this other tank of someone's for a week or 2 while my QT tank gets emptied (no to mention cleaned/carboned)

It's not ick. Mine have the spots too. When they really get colorful, the white spots will turn a kind of a bluish color. If it was ick, it would be on more than just the fins. I thought that on mine as well, but as they develope, the white spots turn bluish.

75g69.jpg

Lonewolfblue said:
It's not ick. Mine have the spots too. When they really get colorful, the white spots will turn a kind of a bluish color. If it was ick, it would be on more than just the fins. I thought that on mine as well, but as they develope, the white spots turn bluish.

Thats what I needed..... LWB to the rescue :)

I have two bolivians and their spots are blue, but I guess it could look whitish under certain light.

I still have to find a female one, though :(

Back
Top Bottom