Do dwarf puffers "puff"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FMJnaX

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I spent a good hour or so at the local PetsMart the other day with my daughter because she wanted to see the baby "Bloats" (Finding Nemo) and baby "Mr. Sykes" (Shark Tale) blow up like on the movies. She was watching the dwarf puffers, by the way. After an hour, I told her that they were too tired to puff. So, my question is, do the dwarf puffers ever "puff"? lol

So it's probably not a good thing to see them puff huh?

On a side note, at the Albuquerque Aquarium, I've seen their spiney puffer puffed on two different trips. Doesn't say a lot for their conditions there if the above statement is even remotely true. I always knew their fauna looked a bit out of place.... :roll: (as does just about everything else in Albuquerque)

isn't puffing just a defensive mechanism to make them hard to swallow? Maybe if you make them think you are trying to eat them :lol: Ha ha, jk.

jrp1588 said:
Maybe if you make them think you are trying to eat them :lol: Ha ha, jk.

:p :p That's funny. I don't know about puffers but I have teased my severum before. If I go past the tank or up to the tank he always begs to be fed. Sometimes I just stare at him with my face real close to the glass and he comes up to greet me. Then I open my mouth real wide and he backs up! It's pretty funny. I have found that only the smarter fish do this....my severum, my ram, and my firemouths. The other fish don't respond the same way.

Back
Top Bottom