Do eels ty to escape the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eels are known to be escape artists. What kind of lid do you have on the tank? Any holes can be covered, or a tighter fitted lid can help prevent escape.

You should combine the 4 threads you've started asking about eels, would make it a lot easier for you and you may get more information. You can also use the forum search to find toooonnnnnssss of info on eels, I did it before deciding to get a peacock eel

My first fire eel was 16" and he pushed a 5lb weight off of the lid and fell to his floor where he died.

My second fire eel hid in my HOB AC110 so I upgraded my tank and switched to canister filters so he could not escape. He was around 8-9". Well.. this is how he died. He tried swimming up the outlet of my FX5 and got stuck and died. This was around 2 weeks ago.

I have yet to hear of anyone who has kept an eel long term that has not had issues with it trying to escape. I've given up on eels until I get a tank with overflows.

img_2169851_0_5a4debee696a253bc034bd24180a95b1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom