Do female Guppys have good taste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mayanearth

Aquarium Advice Activist
Will my female Guppys mate with my best male Guppy or will I have to isolate them?

Well , it depends, I would isolate them, just so you know that she's pregnant with his babies!

they really don't care who they breed with. Any male with any female. If you want to be sure of the parents, isolate them.

Just remember you have to isolate for the entire pregnancy
My male juvie has traits from three males as a result of multiple matings

Will my female Guppys mate with my best male Guppy or will I have to isolate them?

Do female guppys have good taste? Well, I guess a lot depends on their self esteem. If they feel confident in themselves and have a good support system around them, then they probably tend to make good choices in mates. If not, then they'll probably hook up with any male that comes along. ;)

Besides, what makes a particular male your "best"? Do the females know it's your best? Are you going by color, finnage, what determines "best"?

What one female finds attractive, another might not.

LyndaB said:
Do female guppys have good taste? Well, I guess a lot depends on their self esteem. If they feel confident in themselves and have a good support system around them, then they probably tend to make good choices in mates. If not, then they'll probably hook up with any male that comes along. ;)

This made me laugh SO HARD.

Back
Top Bottom