Do Gouramis eat plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottVinVA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do Gouramis eat plants?

I was thinking bout getting a few dwarf ones but I heard they will eat my plants.

Here is my tank with no fish in it for the moment. The 26 gal bow front.

tanks.jpg

Thanks.

very nice looking tanks. On the gourami thing, yes they will eat your plant so just give them kitchen food. there is a article on this site for how to prepare different kinds of veggies. How to Serve Veggies to Your Fish (Minus the Silver Platter)
By: Menagerie

What about zucchini and such? I am used to feeding my loaches pieces of cucumber and zucchini but I had to sink them. I guess I need to read the article.

I've seen some of my gouramis pick at my plants once in awhile but they leave it alone soon after. None of my plants have been eaten or chunks taken off by my gouramis though. It could be just that my plants are strong. I wouldn't keep them with plants with small leaves and are easy to break apart, such as hornwort.

I have two large clumps of hornwort in my tank and my gourami leave it alone. He just eats the flakes and baby brine I feed.

Back
Top Bottom