Do I have enough LED light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obscurereef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey, so I just bought 2 Panorama Module 8000K White/453nm Actinic Blue for $80 off of craigslist (and he included heaters, filters, & salt, misc. for free!) and I was wondering if these two will be enough to grow even low lighting corals like mushrooms, zoas, softies, etc in a 30 gallon tank. He had the modules in his 12 gallon and used them to grow macro algae. I was thinking if it's not enough light I would add some cheap T5 HOs (idk how many I would need :eek:). Also, I might just put these over a 30-40 gallon tank instead, but I don't know how freshwater plants would do with 8000K and not 6,500K. Mostly a sw lighting question, but if you do FW too, would love to see what you have to say! :thanks:

Does anyone have an idea? I was thinking about putting this over either an angler tank or seahorse tank that I want to build soon. If that idea doesn't work out then I'll be looking into a FW planted tank. Any advice on this would be much appreciated! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom